I would like to thank http://frontrangescribbles.com/ for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Dragon….dragonfly…I love wings what can I say? Isn’t it pretty…..
The girl looks like she may break into a Vickie Logan song…..now I didn’t even know who that was last week, I have been getting a new kind of music education by listening to Frontrange radio every weekend. Thank you for giving your readers hope that we may accomplish our dreams. In my case that will happen when I figure out what my dream actually is.
Thank you for reading my words and commenting on my blog, and yes this was the perfect distraction to stop me from worrying about my daughter being so far away.
The rules say that I must post 7 interesting things about myself……I don’t know how interesting they are but I put my own little spin on it and decided to do things most people don’t know. These are in a random order, I just jotted them down when I was at dinner with my son tonight. Thanks PT for my little dragonfly pocket notebook it is quite handy 🙂
1. If I consider you mine…family or friend I am fiercely protective. Yes, I know this one isn’t that much of a secret. When I was a kid and one of the neighbors was picking on my brother, I chased his ass up the street with my baton. He didn’t understand what the big deal was since I picked on him all of the time. MY brother, therefor my job to pick on him.
2. I’m kind of a nature girl. I don’t go out of my way to kill anything, but I will if I have to. I even apologize to the little field mice that are still alive in the trap before I Whack, scoop, and toss with my trusty dustpan. I like to play in the dirt and to be around water and I always spot a dragonfly even in the unusual places. Once when I was little 3 or 4 I think, I was with my aunt and we were walking down the street and I stepped on an ant. Legend has it that there is a picture of my face to go with this story but I have never laid eyes on it. I supposedly looked up at my aunt with tears in my eyes and said “I broke the bug”
3. I can’t talk without using my hands. There really isn’t a story here just don’t stand close if I am telling a story that upsets me…I might accidentally hit you.
4. I like to dance while I cook. The kids used to humor me when they were little and dance with me, now I just get “is that loud enough” geez it doesn’t happen that often.
5. If I know the words I have to sing, and if the music is loud enough I sound ‘good’! Even as a toddler my daughter would shush me when we watched The Little Mermaid. My poor kids…I can’t carry a tune to save my life and they are the only ones I subject to the torture of hearing me sing.
6. I love old people. I love to hear their stories as much as they love to tell them. If they’re feisty I love them even more because then I get to refer to them as persnickety! It’s no wonder that when I waitressed the little old men just loved me, because I listened to them.
7. Since this list was compiled over dinner that is where I decided on #7. My favorite dessert if made correctly is Tiramisu. Tonight however I introduced my son to my second favorite Creme Brulee and he didn’t like it. I even explained how you got to take a blow torch to your food and he still didn’t like it, so now I have the other 1/2 of my sandwich for lunch and a little bit of dessert that I don’t need.
There are my seven things that you probably didn’t know about me. The rules also say that you have to nominate seven bloggers. Well….I just nominated the three that I feel that I have made a connection with the other day. So…..again I hope it’s ok that I change this up a little.
I’ve mention an different occasion that I feel inspired by Frontrangescribbles following his dream, it made me think..who else inspires me? Here are a few bloggers that have also inspired me.
First we have Beth at Renegade Seamstress http://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com/ she inspires me every time she posts a refashion. She also has a knack for finding others that are inspiring. She makes me say “oooh I want to do that!”
Next is Kristin at http://organizationalspecialists.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/top-5-least-favorite-organizing-products/ she inspires me to ‘want’ to organize things. I should be doing more of that anyway.
I know that is only two but I am still new at this, so I am still cyber bonding 🙂 Thank you!!