This is so true! I can go for weeks and weeks without anything exciting and then boom I am crazy busy! I have the 2nd part of the apron class tomorrow and I can’t wait to finish it and show you!
Friday is girls night with SB and we don’t have the vaguest idea what we are going to do but really it doesn’t matter and I can’t wait!
Saturday my friend MM is coming in from out of town. No kids, just us so I get a bonus girls day! I think I may take her to lunch at the restaurant with the vault, everything else we will play by ear.
Girls Night Out 2013
1. Dancing Queen – Abba
2. Le Freak – Chic
3. Staying Alive – The BeeGees
4. Disco Inferno – The Trammps
5. Get Down On It – KC and the Sunshine Band
6. Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
7. Y.M.C.A – The Village People
8. I Was Made For Dancing – Leif Garret……..I know but…
9. My First, My Last, My Everything – Barry White
10. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
11. Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
12. Upside Down – Diana Ross
13. Funky Town – Lipps Inc
14. Shake Your Groove Thing – Peaches and Herb
15. Let It Whip – Dazz Band
16. Heart of Glass – Blondie
17. It’s Raining Men – Weather Girls
18. We Are Family – Sister Sledge
Now I know Leif Garret may not technically be disco but when I was eight he was the shit! Which is why I made it track 8, well it was funny in my head.
It’s fun making the list and doing the research. The hardest one to make was the flower power cd which was all Woodstock era music. It was when I was making that cd I realized that I like Jethro Tull and I didn’t even know who they were.
I only have one party a year so I put a lot into it but I am a firm believer in setting the mood right from the invitation. I try and make it special. It’s about gathering the women that I have bonded with over the years and celebrating those friendships.
I am very blessed with wonderful friends and that makes me pretty darn lucky…-Zia