It’s Been So Long……

It gives me anxiety when I am away from here for too long. Is that normal? I stared at the blank screen for quite a while tonight. I’m not even sure where to begin? There was so much and nothing all at the same time. Let’s see what I can remember…..

Monday was a tough day…the first day after vacation always is. I walked into work only to find that the power was out. We couldn’t do much for the patients who were already in the parking lot except take their name and number. We called the whole morning to cancel and then forty five minutes later we had to call them back and tell them to come on in. Can we say Mercury in Retrograde?  It’s a pretty good example if I ever saw one.  I did come home and clean after work. I could only do so much because I still had things to make. I made a small dent and felt a little better.

Tuesday the heat wasn’t working so well and we pretty much shivered all day. I came home and did a few things that I “had” to do and went to heat up in a hot bath. I of course fell asleep like I always do and woke up to cold water. Purpose….defeated. I took a hot shower and then snuggled under a blanket on the couch.

Two days in a row and I didn’t make a thing for my pop up on Saturday. It was almost like the Universe was saying….”stop, there is enough.”

Wednesday the heating guy came and fixed what was broken. It’s our half day and about half way through we could feel some heat. It’s never truly warm at the front desk in the winter with all of those windows and the constant opening and closing of the doors but some heat is better than none. I did a little bit of running around before I went to pick the girl up from school. I turned around and brought her to work and then went back home for a couple of hours. I did manage to get some more trees made that night. That’s pretty much all I did for this pop up. I made about thirteen or so more book page trees and then Thursday I cut off some of the big trees. I don’t think I will make the big trees again, I don’t like them nearly as much as I like the small and medium ones. I did sell a few though…

Wednesday I was talking to our OD at the end of our half day. She had a weird dream over the weekend so she dilated her eyes and had the newer OD take a look. That got us to talking about my eyes again. Do you remember in March-ish when my eyes were acting all funny? My script jumped crazy high and later came back to normal. Ever since that time I have been very aware of my left eye. I am right eye dominant so this is weird for me plus there’s the whole brightness thing first thing in the morning. So the OD goes and grabs a bottle of drops with a red lid. She tells me to cover my right eye and then asks me what the brightness of the red was on a scale from 1-5. It was more like a burnt orange to me so I said 3? Then I switched eyes and out of my right eye the lid was a bright red which then makes the left eye more like a one. What the heck?  She told me not to worry but I should still  take a visual field test the next day.

Thursday, I took the visual field test and what an awful test….no wonder the patients are always complaining about it. The right eye part of the test gave me a headache and my problem was my left eye. I closed my eye a lot and the machine kept yelling at me. The left eye wasn’t so bad…maybe because I was worried I wouldn’t even see the lights?  It was odd to me that I passed the left eye and not the right….well maybe not so weird. I really didn’t take the right eye seriously. So then I took an OCT test which was a piece of cake. Optic nerve and macula were all good…whew! I do however have a large floater in my right eye. I have always had little floaters so to say I did not notice it wouldn’t be completely accurate. This must be why my left eye is over compensating which is why I am more aware of it. I wish I didn’t have the floater which on the OCT reminded me of the Mind Flayer from Stranger Things. Lucky for me that I even have access to these tests.

Later that night after I shortened the big trees I went to go to my computer and the girl was there. It was for school so I didn’t say anything although I wanted to say something. She slept half of the afternoon and played on her phone when she got up instead of using my computer at that time. She has two finals this week and then she is done until next year. I let it go for now but we did discuss “my” computer time. She has her own lap top so I am not even sure why she uses mine.

Friday I came up with a way to tie some of my body type products to books…in theory. I made citrus bliss bath salts in little plastic ornament bulbs and my thought was that I could tie these to Little House in The Big Woods. Didn’t Laura talk about getting an orange in her stocking? I couldn’t find the passage on line anywhere and it was a moot point since my pop up was less than twenty four hours away. I still like the idea and now I have plenty of time to find the perfect book passage. One of the sights that I stopped on had Laura Ingalls quotes and there was this one…

“When the fiddle had stopped singing Laura called out softly, “What are days of auld lang syne, Pa?”

This made me think…..she lived in the 1800’s and for her family to sing this song… guessed it….Ingalls is a Scottish name. I find it funny how everything right now leads me back to Scotland.

My pop up wasn’t as busy as the previous ones but I still did okay and the exposure is always good. I felt such a relief when it was all said and done. I can put everything away and there is no more of this type of making to be made. Of course I have my Hogmany party next Saturday and Christmas is right around the corner but those are different kinds of making.

I did nothing but clean today…except for that part when I made homemade pizza and my little buddy came over for dinner and to watch the season finale of Outlander. Pizza was yummy and the episode was a good one. I even made an experimental pizza and I was surprised at how tasty it was. I spread an artichoke tapenade on the unbaked crust, sprinkled some parmesan/romano cheese, I broke up a bag of frozen spinach, crumbled some feta,diced some tomatoes, and chopped up some kalamata olives. The kids will never eat it but I did and so did my little buddy and now we both have lunch ready to go for tomorrow.

I started listening to Diana Gabaldon’s A Breath of Snow and Ashes today. This was the book back in 2005 that I made it about half way through. I read the first five but got stuck on this one. I have the cd’s and the book….48 cd’s…that’s going to take some time. More importantly….you can see my kitchen table again…..Zia




About dragonflyzia

I am just a woman finally accepting that I was never meant to be in the box. I don't fit into any stereotypes, please don't try and label me, that doesn't work either. I am embracing my uniqueness in ways that are new and challenging to me, so that I may continue to grow and never stop learning.
This entry was posted in life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Please feel free to share your thoughts..........

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.