Well…I did it. I met with the people about the Renaissance Faire and it’s a go. Yes, I will be working seven days straight for six weeks but…the weekends will be in a different world and may not feel so much like work? I was relieved to find out that I had the option to stay in a hotel in lieu of driving home Saturday night and driving back Sunday morning. That was what sealed the deal for me.
I have met the artist before back when I worked with her sister but this was the first time I met her husband. He seems like a great guy. He had great stories that made us laugh. The “us” included the Girl. It was a non traditional interview so I didn’t think twice about bringing her. Honestly…I didn’t think twice about it until the neighbor looked at me a little funny when I was telling her about it during our swim. It’s not like I take the Girl on all of my interviews…this was the first. They knew I was prepping for vacation which is why we met at 9:30 this morning. My former coworker hadn’t seen the Girl since she was six…maybe seven? We still have a lot of catching up to do.
I loved the decor..swords on the walls, monsters on the chandeliers, fairies and unicorns in the kitchen. I felt right at home. I was fascinated by the chandelier and had to take a picture of it. It’s not the best photo but I was trying to keep the background to a minimum.
I am very excited for this opportunity and can’t wait to share the great stories with you!
In preparation for my upcoming trip with PT, I had the Boy help me make a CD to commemorate the trip. It’s different than the mix CD’s I have made in the past but none of those were for a road trip. Here are the songs….
1. Witchy Woman The Eagles
2. Witchcraft Frank Sinatra
3. The Voice Celtic Woman
4. Gold Dust Woman Fleetwood Mac
5. The Circle Blackmore’s Night
6. Crystal Stevie Nicks (Practical Magic)
7. Abracadabra Steve Miller Band
8. I Put a Spell on You Hocus Pocus version
9. White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane (Discovery of Witches season 1 epispode 2)
10. The Mystics Dream Loreena McKennitt (Mists of Avalon)
11. Rhiannon Fleetwood Mac
12. Midnight Margareta scene including the blender and the cackle (Practical Magic)
13. Voodoo Godsmack
14. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic The Police
15. Tir na nO’g ft Oonagh Celtic Woman (fairy song)
16. Come Little Children Lady Moonlight (Hocus Pocus)
17. Hex Girl Scooby Doo (the Girl’s pick…it’s pretty good)
18.Black Magic Woman Santana
I picked all of the songs and then the Boy worked his magic. There is a weird two seconds of a random song after track 13 and before track 14 but it’s only for me and PT so I guess it doesn’t really matter. I was just trying to make a road trip CD.
Celtic Woman will be in my area later this year and PT and I snagged tickets for December. I have always wanted to see them live so I am super excited about that concert. Plus the place hosting the concert is stunning in December so that is a bonus.
Lot’s of things are happening and there is a lot to be excited about…and I am very excited….Zia