I Did It!!

The castle seemed oddly quiet this morning…or maybe it was because I was there so early? Today was an exceptionally long day…it could be because I woke up at 2am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Last night was the second night during this job that I practiced self reiki. It helped but I was still tired.

I even had a magic caterpillar fly into the booth today. I swept the floors and it wasn’t there. I straightened the art and it wasn’t there. It’s almost like the wind blew it in….I couldn’t even see where it was attached to anything? I’m gonna go with magic.

There was a nice woman who bought some art yesterday. She was a lot bit tipsy but she was still nice. She came back today and her first stop was to my neighbor the braider who does beautiful work. I’m not sure what the smudges on her skin are about? I did not see them in the real light and we talked for a while. Of course I have been sleep deprived this week…the braid is beautiful…

There was another wedding today. I could not get a good picture because the groom kept looking behind him. Call me crazy…but that doesn’t look like a good sign.

I had another couple in my booth yesterday. They met at the faire and then later got married at the faire and they still visit every year. They were cute…they looked too young to be married but they were cute.

I let my picture be taken once more…this time with the sweet girl who babysat the booth while I ran to the privy. The same girl who made me the comfy pants.

You can totally see how uncomfortable I am having my picture taken in this photo. The girl who has been bringing me art every week showed up later this afternoon. It was nice because I was able to leave pretty close to 6:30. There were still a lot of people at the last show. I noticed while I walked up the never ending hill. Someone who was watching this show decided they wanted art. I was almost to the freeway before the turnpike. I was too far out to go back and I felt bad…but I was extra worried about the drive because I have been missing so much sleep this week. It all worked out but it was a struggle on her end. Everyone was happy in the end and I guess that’s all that matters.

I am glad it’s over….it has been quite the experience….but I am not sure I would do it again next year? The artist asked me and while I didn’t say no….I didn’t say yes either. I liked the job….didn’t love the drive….and liked Monday at my real job least of all. maybe if my real job changed, the Monday thing wouldn’t be such a big deal?

Thankfully the big boss will be on vacation tomorrow. This increases my odds of getting out at a decent hour. Five more work days and then I get a day off…47 days straight has been a challenge….Zia


About dragonflyzia

I am just a woman finally accepting that I was never meant to be in the box. I don't fit into any stereotypes, please don't try and label me, that doesn't work either. I am embracing my uniqueness in ways that are new and challenging to me, so that I may continue to grow and never stop learning.
This entry was posted in life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Please feel free to share your thoughts..........

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.